The A.P. John barrel inserts provide fresh-oak integration within a seasoned (neutral) barrel.
- The oak is available in our Balance E oak and toast format.
- The surface area is equivalent to 25% of a new barrique.
- Designed to fit through the bung hole, for straight forward installation and extraction.
Complete with stainless steel wire and carabiner (snap hook) for securing to bung or exterior of barrel.
To be used in older barrel maturation applications where oak flavours need subtle lift to enhance fruit characters.
- Single use for minimum of three months recommended.
- The inserts are constructed with inert, food-grade plastic fixings.
- They are individually wrapped for transport and require no assembly in the winery.
These inserts are a single-use product, designed for medium to long-term extractions (three-to-12 months). They deliver fresh oak characters which are no longer available from older barrels during maturation.
- One barrel insert per barrique, hogshead or puncheon.